[SPOILERS] WWE Royal Rumble 2018 PPV Predictions! [Part 2] & NXT TakeOver Philadelphia Predictions! [RESULTS]
Welccome everyone to the 2nd part of my WWE Royal Rumble Predictions.
This will go over the rest of the card. If you want to see whom I have chosen to win the 2 Royal Rumble mates, check out Part 1 of my predictions!
This post will also go over my abridged predictions for NXT TakeOver: Philadelphia which takes place tonight (Saturday 27th) on WWE Network.
So, let’s start with the Royal Rumble Matches!
- PRE-SHOW – Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs The Revival (Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder)
PREDICTION: Luke & Karl are getting really strong due to the whole BC reunion a couple of weeks ago and that was further strengthened at the RAW 25 show. Luke & Karl to win.
- PRE-SHOW – Kalisto, Lince Dorado & Gran Metalik vs TJP, Gentleman Jack Gallagher & Drew Gulak in a 6 man tag match.
PREDICTION: We kinda knew that this was being thrown together as this was supposed to be Enzo Amore vs Cedric Alexander for the Cruiserweight Championship but that was scrapped since Enzo has been released from WWE. TJP, Jack and Drew to win.
- PRE-SHOW – Bobby Roode (C) vs ??? for the United States Championship
PREDICTION: It has been announced that Bobby Roode’s match will be a ‘Open Challenge’. I would like to predict that the person that will be taking up the challenge is Baron Corbin, but your guess is as good as mine. Overall, Booby Roode to retain. Also, sidenote…This is on the Pre-show. No wonder Dolph Ziggler didn’t want the title….
- The Usos (Jimmy Uso & Jey Uso) (C) vs Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin in a 2-out-of-3-falls match for the SmackDown Tag Team Championship.
PREDICTION: I had predicted Chad & Shelton to win back at the TLC PPV but that didn’t happen. I think the time is now for them to win the big one and hold till after Wrestlemania. Chad & Shelton to win.
- Seth Rollins (C) & Jason Jordan (C) vs Cesaro & Sheamus for the RAW Tag Team Championship
PREDICTION: I cannot like Jason at all. He is not a champion in my eyes…he was just given the championship purely because Dean Ambrose was out of action. I would like to see Dean coming back at the Royal Rumble event and then set up a storyline for him and Seth to get the titles back on themselves and kick off The Shield…again…for like the 3rd time. Just give us what we want guys and stop getting injured. From a story standpoint, I want Cesaro & Sheamus to win but only for a short period so that the titles can be given back to Dean & Seth.
- AJ Styles (C) vs Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn in a 2-on-1 handicap match for the WWE Championship,.
PREDICTION: While it would be nice to have the first Co-WWE champions, I don’t believe this going to work and I would like preduct that AJ Styles is going to retain and there may be a turn between Sami & Kevin, but who knows yet. If they fail to get the title, I would like them to stay as tag team and then go for the SmackDown Tag Titles (or get moved back to RAW and go for the RAW Tag Titles)
- Brock Lesnar (C) (w/ Paul Heyman) vs Braun Strowman vs Kane for the WWE Universal Championship
PREDICTION: This is a hard one to decide as Kane and Strowman are very good opponents. We know that Kane doesn’t have a long time left as he going to be going away now if he wins his election in Knox, TN. He may just have one more run at the title, but overall, I expect Braun Strowman to win the WWE Universal Championship.
And that is my predictions for the Royal Rumble PPV.
Now to round up this post, here are my abridged results for NXT TakeOver: Philadelphia
Results in Red
- Kassius Ohno vs Velveteen Dream – PREDICTION: Velveteen Dream
- Aleister Black vs Adam Cole – PREDICTION: Aleister Black (MATCH OF THE NIGHT CONTENDER)
- The Undisputed Era (Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly) (C) vs The Authors of Pain (Akam & Rezar) (w/ Paul Ellering) for the NXT Tag Team Championship.
PREDICTION: The Undisputed Era to retain.
- Ember Moon (C) vs Shayna Baszler for the NXT Womens Championship
PREDICTION: Ember Moon to retain.
- Andrade “Cien” Almas (w/ Zelina Vega) (C) vs Johnny Gargano for the NXT Championship
PREDICTION: Johnny Gargano to become the new NXT Champion!
I hope you enjoy the PPV’s.
I will be live reacting to the PPV’s on Twitter tonight and tomorrow night. Follow my Wrestling Twitter account https://twitter.com/PFWressling for all the updates.
Thanks for reading.