Tonight is going to be the most unique Money in the Bank PPV ever as the ladder matches for both the women’s and the men’s briefcase will be contested within WWE Headquarters.
Both the women and the men will begin the contest from the ground floor of WWE Headquarters in Stamford, CT at the same time and will fight their way through the offices and floors of the building to the roof where there will be a wrestling ring and ladders in which they would still need to climb said ladder and retrieve the briefcases.
- Men’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match
- Participants: Daniel Bryan, Rey Mysterio, Aleister Black, Otis, AJ Styles, King Corbin.
- Prediction: Before Apollo got injured, I would have thought that this would have been the time for Apollo to get some momentum and have a opportunity at the title but he got snubbed with the replacement of AJ Styles. All in all, I would like to see Daniel Bryan or Aleister Black to win this. More so Daniel Bryan.
- Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match
- Participants: Carmella, Shayna Baszler, Nia Jax, Asuka, Dana Brooke, Lacey Evans
- Prediction: This one is hard to call as Carmella has won it twice, Shayna and Nia do not need it. Asuka winning it seems like the obvious choice here as she has been brilliant in this ’empty arena’ era but on the other hand, I would like to see Dana Brooke winning this as she does deserve a push at this stage in her career.
- Braun Strowman (C) vs Bray Wyatt for the Universal Championship Match.
- Prediction: Braun to retain. Since it is the “Mr. Rodgers” version of Bray Wyatt that is competing and not The Fiend, it stands to reason that he will lose on Sunday. Braun is only getting going with his title and they will do the Bray Wyatt character dis-service again by taking the title off Braun.
- Drew McIntyre (C) vs Seth Rollins for the WWE Championship
- Prediction: This is a no brainer. You do not want to lose a championship this soon. Drew to retain.
- Bayley (C) vs Tamina for the SmackDown Women’s Championship.
- Prediction: All aboard the Tamina Train. Yes, I am with Ross Twedell from Cultaholic and going to predict that Tamina wins. Bayley unfortunately has no character with this new heel persona and her having the title is doing no favors for her.
- The New Day (C) vs Miz & Morrison vs Lucha House Party vs The Forgotten Sons in a Fatal 4-way for the SmackDown Tag Team Championships
- Prediction: Forget about The Forgotten Sons. Miz & Morrison will have a good chance to win back the titles, but it would be nice to see some new names in the Tag Team Holder division, so I am hedging my bet on the Lucha House Party to win, but I wouldn’t be surprised if The New Day retains.
- Pre-show: R-Truth vs MVP
- Prediction: MVP
- Pre-show: Jeff Hardy vs Cesaro
- Prediction: Jeff Hardy (with probably interference from Sheamus)
Follow SquaredCircle on Twitter: @SquaredCircleIE