These are my predictions for WWE Backlash with the sub-title of “The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever” – We’ll see how that plays out.
- Edge vs Randy Orton
- PREDICTION: This is supposed to be ‘The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever’ which is be 30-minutes of Randy Orton headlocks. This should be an interesting match, but I wouldn’t be throwing the aforementioned tag line on it. Edge to win.
- Jeff Hardy vs Sheamus
- PREDICTION: This has been a terrible story line even before the Elias incident a couple of weeks back. Jeff to win.
- Apollo Crews (C) vs Andrade for the United States Championship
- PREDICTION: Apollo Crews to retain. Andrade should focus on going after the WWE Championship for SummerSlam. He should get out of this mid-card hell for a bit.
- Bayley & Sasha Banks (C) vs Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross vs The IIConics in a Triple Threat Match for the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships.
- PREDICTION: Bayley & Sasha to retain. I do not see these titles changing hands so soon after Bayley & Sasha got them. Give them one more PPV and they’ll probably drop them to the IIconics.
- Asuka (C) vs Nia Jax for the RAW Women’s Championship
- PREDICTION: Asuka to retain. You can’t be letting Nia win after the shite that she has caused the last couple of months. Her winning would devalue the title that Becky worked hard at making right.
- Braun Strowman (C) vs The Miz & John Morrison for the Universal Championship
- PREDICTION: This is the most silliest of fights. No comment on this except, it will be a squash match. Braun to retain.
- Drew McIntyre (C) vs Bobby Lashley for the WWE Championship
- PREDICTION: Given that MVP is now back as a full time performer, it would be interesting to see if he costs Bobby the opportunity just so he can go after the title himself. This would be a long fight, but I cannot see Bobby winning at any point. Drew to retain.